6 chicken breast cutlets
½ c low sodium chicken broth
1 package tofu, drained and cut into 6 pieces
½ c low sodium vegetable broth
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 c white wine
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp dried thyme or ½ tsp fresh thyme
¼ tsp lemon pepper
12 oz can evaporated skim milk
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 green onion, chopped (optional)
1 c brown rice or ½ lb whole wheat pasta
- Cook rice or pasta according to packaging.
- Heat oil in pan on medium high. Add chicken or tofu and cook 2 minutes on each side to brown. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and cook on medium for 2 minutes. Replace chicken in pan. Add mustard, wine, bay leaf, thyme, and lemon pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes for tofu or 20 minutes for chicken on low heat.
- In small bowl, combine broth, milk and cornstarch. Pour in pan. Raise heat to medium and cook until thickened. Add green onions.
- Serve over rice or pasta.