6 cups vegetable broth
1 packet goya sazon
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 plum tomatoes, diced
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1 cob of corn, grilled and cut from cob or 1 cup frozen
1 can kidney beans
1 ½ cups brown rice
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth, sazon, cayenne and salt. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Add rice and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Cover and put in oven for 30 minutes
- Add kidney beans and asparagus, pushing pieces into the rice. Sprinkle peas and corn on top. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro over top.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.